In 2023, the global cook-in-bags market is valued at approximately US$ 506.61 million. Forecasts indicate a consistent upward trend, with worldwide demand for cook-in bags expected to grow at a robust Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.6%. By the conclusion of 2033, it is anticipated that the market will expand to a substantial size, reaching US$ 873.59 million.
Cook-in-bags are a convenient solution for preparing and sealing packaged food items. These specialized bags effectively retain heat and moisture, facilitating the uniform cooking of the food. Notably, this cooking method eliminates the need for additional plates or utensils, making it highly practical for consumers. The concept of cooking in bags is gaining significant traction within the food packaging industry. In essence, cook-in-bags are kitchen-ready pouches that contain raw ingredients for cooking, presenting a novel and appealing approach to meal preparation.
For more insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report:
The International Energy Agency (IEA), and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) have estimated that the population in rural areas use nearly 2 tons of firewood annually, for the purpose of cooking. This process has long-prompted chronic respiratory diseases and worldwide surge in deforestation. This has further led to a rise in mortality rates worldwide. All these factors have encouraged the use of alternatives that complement environmental sustainability norms, while reducing the cooking time required for consumers, and cook-in-bags have been deemed as one of the most prominent alternatives. All these factors point at bullish future prospects of the cook-in-bags market, whose size has been estimated to surpass US$ 500 Mn by 2028-end.
Sensing evolving requirements of end-users, manufacturers have developed cook-in-bags across wide range of packaging sizes. 240X380 to 380X500 mm cook-in-bags are likely to remain top selling size variant, complemented by steady demand from 150X240 to 240X380 mm cook-in-bags. However, sales of latter are projected to grow at a comparatively faster pace than the former through 2028.
According to the recently published research report by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global industry is highly fragmented due to the presence of various regional as well as domestic players. The new development is a noteworthy strategy adopted by key players to upscale their industry presence to offer numerous variants and functionalities.
Prominent manufacturers of cook-in-bags are entering into partnerships to offer more advanced products.
- In 2021, The Private Brands entered into a partnership with The Giant Company for the launch of a complete product range under cook-in-bags. This newly launched product range of 14 oven-ready bags offers easy and affordable cooking and ease of meal time to consumers.
Key companies in the cook-in-bags market are Packit Gourmet, GRANITOL, M&Q Packaging LLC, Sirane Limited, UltraSource LLC, Plascon Group, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Extra Packaging Corp., Sealed Air, and Reynolds Consumer Products.
Segmentation of Cook-In-Bags Industry Research:
- By Material :
- By Appearance :
- By Packaging Size :
- Less than 150×240 mm
- 150×240 to 240×380 mm
- 240×380 to 380×500 mm
- More than 380×500 mm
- By Application :
- Frozen Foods
- Ready-to-eat Meals
- Bakery & Confectionary
- By Sales Channel :
- Retail Sales
- Institutional Sales
- By Region :
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now:
How will be insights and market estimations provided in the Fact.MR report on the Demand of Cook-In-Bags make a difference?
- The study takes a closer look at the major economic turmoil, with a focus on the recent COVID-19 pandemic disruptions
- The assessment of key growth dynamics highlights the attractiveness of new automation technologies and offers readers insight on the prospect of these during the forecast period
- The study tries to offer a balance perspective of the opportunities in mature and the most lackluster markets
- Provides scrutiny of the industry trends that have shaped recent government policies
- Provides an account of major breakthroughs in all segments that might change the course of the market considerably
- Provides an incisive analysis of socio-political milieu in which the key markets operate, and how will that influence the lucrativeness of the overall Cook-In-Bags Market
- Analyzes how collaborations and partnerships among players from different industries shape the key growth dynamics in the near future
- Evaluates the role of various stages of funding on new growth avenues in key regional markets
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583