The global building panels market is poised for substantial growth, with a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6%. By the year 2033, it is expected to surge from its 2023 value of US$ 177.9 billion to a substantial US$ 318.5 billion. This impressive expansion is primarily attributed to the rapid escalation of urbanization and industrialization worldwide, both of which are fueling the demand for building panels for various construction applications.
Building panels, often referred to as preformed construction panels, find extensive use in both residential and non-residential sectors. They serve as versatile components for both interior and exterior construction needs. These panels can be crafted from an array of materials, including metals, wood, concrete, and other suitable substances. Their flexibility in terms of size and shape allows for diverse applications in the construction industry, making them a valuable choice for builders and developers alike.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report:
A Resilient Industry
The construction industry, often seen as a barometer of economic health, faced numerous obstacles during the pandemic, including labor shortages, supply chain disruptions, and project delays. However, it has proven to be resilient, adapting to the changing landscape. Governments worldwide have recognized the importance of infrastructure development in stimulating economic recovery, leading to increased investments in construction projects.
Key Drivers of Growth
Several key factors are driving the growth of the global building panels market:
- Urbanization: Rapid urbanization, particularly in emerging economies, is fueling demand for affordable and efficient construction solutions. Building panels, with their versatility and cost-effectiveness, are becoming a preferred choice for both residential and commercial projects.
- Sustainability: Environmental concerns are reshaping the construction industry. Builders and developers are increasingly opting for eco-friendly materials and practices. Building panels made from recycled materials and those designed for energy efficiency are gaining traction.
- Technological Advancements: Innovative technologies are revolutionizing the manufacturing and installation processes of building panels. Automated production lines, 3D printing, and advanced design software are enhancing efficiency and precision.
- Prefab and Modular Construction: The trend toward prefab and modular construction is driving the demand for building panels. These panels can be customized to fit specific project requirements, making them ideal for off-site construction.
- Energy Efficiency: With a growing focus on reducing energy consumption in buildings, building panels with superior insulation properties are in high demand. These panels help reduce heating and cooling costs while contributing to sustainability goals.
According to market intelligence provider Fact.MR, the building panels market features prominent players such as Armstrong World Industries, Inc., Atlas Engineered Products Ltd., Arpa Industriale SpA, and Apex Steel Pty., Ltd. These industry leaders are actively engaged in research and development (R&D) initiatives spanning manufacturing, supply, installations, and design enhancements to bolster their market positions.
In a noteworthy development in June 2022, Owens Corning revealed its acquisition of WearDeck, a Florida-based manufacturer specializing in composite decking and structural lumber. This strategic move was aimed at enhancing Owens Corning’s expertise in both commercial and residential applications, fortifying its portfolio of weather-resistant decking and structural lumber offerings.
Another significant partnership, announced in April 2021, involved Kingspan Group and H2 Green Steel, with the primary objective of reducing carbon emissions associated with Kingspan’s insulated panel products. The ambitious target set by this collaboration is to slash carbon emissions by 45%, underscoring a strong commitment to sustainability within the building panels industry.
Key Segments of Building Panels Industry Research
- By Type :
- Concrete Panels
- Vacuum Insulated Panels
- Structural Insulated Panels
- Wood Panels
- By Raw Material :
- By Application :
- By End Use :
- Floors & Roofs
- Columns & Beams
- By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
Get Customization on this Report:
The growth of the building panels market is not uniform across regions. Asia-Pacific, with its booming construction industry and urbanization, is emerging as a significant player. China, India, and Southeast Asian countries are witnessing substantial investments in infrastructure and real estate.
In North America and Europe, the adoption of green building practices is driving the use of sustainable building panels. These regions are also experiencing an increase in renovation and retrofitting projects, where building panels can be used to improve energy efficiency.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583, +353-1-4434-232