The growing awareness of healthcare & personal hygiene among people across the world is one of the leading factors enabling growth in the global super absorbent polymer (SAP) market. As per Future Market Insights (FMI) analysis, the market is expected to expand at 4.8% CAGR between 2021 and 2031.
The chemical industry has registered significant growth in past few years and growth is expected to be continue over the near future. Owing to the increasing applications of super absorbent polymers in medical sector and agriculture sector, the SAP market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 9.18 Bn in 2021.
Growing demand from the application of the super absorbent polymer in chemical sector will drive growth through 2021-2031. North America, Europe, and East Asia are the key markets for super absorbent polymers. Of these, East Asia is expected to remain dominant, accounting for over 28.5% of the market by 2031.
Super absorbent polymers or otherwise known as hydrogels are high weight, loosely cross linked polymer chains that are formed through the process of polymerization of acrylic acid and sodium acrylate/acrylamide. Due to the excellent property of absorbing, they are specifically used in the feminine hygienic items and diapers. Besides this, they are used in construction, packaging, and in the agricultural sector to help retain moisture in the soil.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights @
Key Takeaways from Super Absorbent Polymers Market Study
- Super absorbent polymers sales will continue rising in the U.S., which is expected to account for over 80% of the North America market in 2021
- Sales in the U.K. is expected to increase by 3.7% in 2021, thanks to increase in use in disposable diapers, adult incontinence products, and other applications.
- Germany, France, and Russia will remain lucrative pockets for sales within Europe.
- China will account for maximum SAP sales in East Asia, while Japan and South Korea will exhibit gradual rise in demand.
- Application in disposable diapers is expected account for 76.1% SAP sales in 2021.
“Increasing awareness regarding healthcare & personal hygiene products is expected to spur to super absorbent polymer sales,” said a lead analyst at FMI.
Super Absorbent Polymers Market by Category
By Product Type
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Polyacrylamide Copolymer
By Application Type
- Disposable diapers
- Adult Incontinence Products
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Agriculture Products
For any Queries Related with the Report, Ask an Analyst@
Super Absorbent Polymers Market: Participant Insights
Key manufacturers in the Super Absorbent Polymers market, like Nippon Shokubai Co., Ltd., BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Sanyo Chemicals Industries, Ltd., Yixing Danson Technology, LG Chemicals Ltd, Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd., Kao Corporation. In order to gain competitive edge, they are focusing on strengthening their product portfolio and expanding their market footprint through acquisition of smaller companies in the market.
What Is the Impact Of COVID-19 Crisis On Super Absorbent Polymers Market?
The global market was impacted by the mandated lockdowns in many nations. During the pandemic, limited manufacturing and transportation-related delays owing to travel restrictions posed challenges to the market. These factors had a negative effect on the market.
Thus the market for super absorbent polymers registered restricted growth amid COVID-19 pandemic because to the lockdown enforced by several nations, as well as reduced manufacturing efficiency due to manpower shortage.
The global increase in COVID-19 cases, on the other hand, fuelled the demand for hygiene and medical goods and solutions. Super absorbent polymers are commonly utilized in the production of diapers and wipes, demand for both of which increased in hospitals during the pandemic.
Super Absorbent Polymers Market Key Points Covered
- Super Absorbent Polymers Market estimates and forecast 2015-2031
- Key drivers and restraints impacting market growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Brand share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- COVID-19 Impact on Super Absorbent Polymers Market and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.