The global pet insurance market is forecast to grow at a staggering CAGR of 16.5% during the forecast period ranging from 2022 to 2032, according to a recently published Fact.MR study. As per this report, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 45.6 Bn by 2032. Increasing pet ownership amid the growing trend of animal humanization is propelling demand for pet insurance policies.
From 2015 to 2021, pet insurance demand surged at a 15% CAGR, being valued at US$ 8.5 Bn. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, pet owners, veterinarians, veterinary hospitals, and animal health companies faced several challenges. Nevertheless, the industry was quick to respond to the pandemic by deploying supportive measures to ensure access to veterinary care and other services. The pandemic also caused pet parents to realize the importance of getting a pet insurance policy to reduce financial risk.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7148
The decision to get a pet was triggered by work-from-home conditions, the desire for companionship, and a desire to spend more time at home because of lockdown and movement restrictions. About one-fifth of respondents said they were more likely to purchase a pet insurance policy. Pandemic-related concerns prompted pet parents to seek more risk protection than before.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global pet insurance market revenue to reach US$ 9.9 Bn by the end of 2022
- Europe to hold a revenue share of over 44% of the pet insurance market by 2022
- Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at the fastest rate of over 18% during the forecast period, 2022-2032.
- It is estimated that the accident and illness segment will hold the largest revenue share in 2022 at 85%.
- In 2022, the dogs segment will account for more than 50% of the market’s revenue.
- Direct sales dominated the market in 2021, projected to hold 34% of market revenue by 2022.
“Growth in pet ownership, a rise in the number of companion animals, and increased awareness of pet insurance all contribute to the growth of the pet insurance market. However, strict government regulations and the increased premium costs of pet insurance threaten to undermine the players’ market share,” reports a Fact.MR analyst.
Players implement various strategic strategies, such as launching new policies, forming partnerships and collaborations, and expanding regionally, in order to increase their market share.
- In June 2020, Veter Software, a provider of technology solutions for animals, signed an agreement with Trupanion. In this partnership, Vetter Software’s cloud-based veterinary practice management platform software was integrated with Trupanion’s software, enabling direct payments to veterinarians.
- AXIS Capital Holdings Limited entered the specialty insurance market in November 2021 by partnering with Managing General Underwriter Petplan. To gain steady growth in the market, its Accident and Health unit partnered up with Petplan.
More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the Pet insurance market, presenting historical market data (2015-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study reveals essential insights on the basis of coverage type (accident & illness, accident only and others), animal type (dogs, cats and others) and sales channel (agency, broker, direct, bancassurance and others) across five major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Comprehensive Coverage on Consumer Goods:
Carton Erecting Machinery Market – https://www.factmr.com/report/2386/carton-erecting-machinery-market
Vertical Form Fill Seal Baggers Market – https://www.factmr.com/report/2826/vertical-form-fill-seal-baggers-market
UV Fluorescing Ink Market – https://www.factmr.com/report/1479/uv-fluorescing-ink-market
Kindergarten Books Market – https://www.factmr.com/report/4880/kindergarten-books-market
Botanical Infusions Market – https://www.factmr.com/report/2253/botanical-infusions-market
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583