According to the recent FMI report, the sales for organic seed are expected to surpass a value of USD 10.8 Bn in 2032, rising at a CAGR of around 8.7% through the end of 2032.
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) programs and farmers’ markets are springing up all over the world to better connect consumers to the farms and farmers who provide their food, posing a positive impact on the organic seed market in various countries.
In 2013, the USDA updated the National Farmers’ Market Directory’s interface to encourage visitors and the creation of real-time data-driven cellphone apps and other products. Users can search for markets by zip code to find out about their hours of operation, location, products available, and payment choices.
Download Sample Copy with Graphs & List of Figures@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-14910
More than 4,000 farmers’ markets have been approved to take SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) vouchers, increasing access to fresh produce and nutritious meals, in turn, shooting up the sales of organic seed.
Organic seed market growth could also be aided by favorable government actions to boost organic farming. In India, for example, government programs such as the National Food Security Mission, Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana, and National Food Security Mission are expected to enhance organic production. This presents the market with a significant growth opportunity.
Key Takeaways from the Organic Seed Market Study:
- The organic seed market in North America is expected to grow at a rate of approximately 7.1% between 2022 and 2032, owing to a substantial shift in consumers’ attitudes toward healthy lifestyles and eating habits, which has increased demand for organic food and beverages.
- Derogations for the use of untreated non-organic seed will be phased out by 2036, according to the new European Organic Regulation 2018/848, therefore, promoting the organic seed market in the region.
- In just the previous five years, public and private funding in organic plant breeding and other organic seed research have increased by USD 22 Mn.
- In 2020, the organic seed market in the oil seed segment will be worth more than USD 0.8 Bn. Oil seed is used to extract edible oil for human consumption as well as oil for pharmacological and cosmetic uses.
- Due to the rising consumption of organic wheat to generate a wide range of organic certified products such as flour, pasta, noodles, macaroni, and spaghetti, the wheat crop seeds industry is expected to reach USD 0.3 Bn by 2027.
“Key market players are investing much in R&D in order to introduce new products and obtain a competitive advantage. Companies are also pursuing tactics such as collaboration, acquisitions, mergers, and partnerships in order to extend their client base and increase revenues.” said a lead analyst at FMI.
Who is winning?
Key players operating in the global organic seed market are focusing on reaching a large consumer base by implementing various strategies such as product innovations, marketing & promotional activity, strengthening distribution channels, and adopting sustainable production.
Some of the leading companies offering organic seed are Seed Saver Exchange, Johnny’s Selected Seeds, Baker Creek Heirloom, Rijk Zwaan, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, High Mowing Organic Seeds, Seed Savers Exchange, De Bolster Territorial Seeds Company, Navdanya, and others.
Organic Seed Market by Category
By Product Type:
- Vegetable Seeds
- Gourd & Root Vegetable Seeds
- Leafy & Cruciferous Vegetable seeds
- Fruits & Nuts Seeds
- Oil Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Soybean Seeds
- Other Vegetation Seeds
By Farm Type:
- Vertical Farming
By Distribution Channel:
- Online Channels
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
Browse Full Report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/organic-seed-market
Frequently Asked Questions
- How big is the Organic Seed Market?
- What is the North America Organic Seed Market Outlook?
- At What Rate will Organic Seed Demand Grow in the Asia Pacific?
- What Are the Key Trends Shaping the Organic Seed Market?