Onychomycosis treatment has seen a high prevalence-low awareness scenario over the years, accounting for approximately 12% of the total fungal infection treatments space. However, the growing awareness of the potential threats posed by onychomycosis, as well as the increasing availability of treatments for the condition, point to a promising outlook for the onychomycosis treatment market in the coming years.
The roughly US$ 4.5 billion global market for onychomycosis treatment is expected to grow by 6.4 percent year on year in 2019. In the near future, Future Market Insights’ new market research study sheds light on the increasing role of combination therapy recommendations in supporting demand growth for onychomycosis treatment.
Drugs Remain a Favored Choice of Treatment for Onychomycosis
- While the treatment for onychomycosis is diverse, drugs remain the first line of treatment – with over 80% market value share – due to a consistently high success rate, according to the report.
- The global onychomycosis treatment market report highlights the high treatment penetration of topical products.
- Drugs alone have a success rate of 40-50 percent, but when combined with photodynamic therapy, the success rate rises to an even higher level.
- The lower price point compared to high-end photodynamic or laser therapy is expected to increase patient preference for drugs used to treat onychomycosis.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights @
Growing Inclination towards Combination Therapy to Boost Nail Lacquer Sales
Supporting recommendations for combination therapy by both podiatrists and dermatologists is cited as another significant factor driving global demand for onychomycosis treatment.
According to research, combining systemic and topical therapies increases the cure rate, which is presumably encouraging onychomycosis patients to seek treatment that includes long-term antifungal medication, followed by the application of nail lacquers.
“Oral terbinafine has been a popular choice for including in the combination therapy over the years,” says a senior market research analyst at FMI, “which is followed by amorolfine nail lacquer in follow-up sessions.” The emergence of more such combination therapies as part of onychomycosis treatment is likely to support the market’s growth in the coming years.”
Nearly 80% Revenue Belongs to Distal Subungal Onychomychosis Treatment
Despite the fact that distal subungal onychomycosis is the most common disease indication driving treatment demand, accounting for nearly 80% of total market value, the report predicts that the prevalence of proximal subungal onychomycosis will rise significantly in the coming years.
North America & Western Europe Bag in over 70% Market Value Share
- North American and Western European markets for onychomycosis treatment continue to provide the strongest push to market growth, accounting for more than 70% of total revenue.
- In addition to having the highest prevalence of onychomycosis, the North American landscape benefits greatly from the favourable reimbursement scenario in the US.
Analysis of the Moderately Consolidated Market Structure
The top five companies in the global onychomycosis treatment landscape, which include Novartis AG, Galderma S.A., Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Pfizer, Inc., and others, account for more than 43 percent of the global market, leaving the market as a moderately consolidated landscape. According to the report, companies are signing sales and marketing agreements in order to achieve impactful product promotion campaigns.
We Offer tailor-made Solutions to fit Your Requirements, Request Customization @
- According to recent research, Valeant’s Jublia and Pfizer’s Diflucan have been the key brands responsible for significant revenue generation in the onychomycosis treatment market.
- Jublia’s sales continue to soar as a result of the company’s D2C (direct-to-consumer) marketing strategy. Loceryl from Galderma and Lamisil from Novartis are also expected to remain more appealing in the onychomycosis treatment landscape.
- The market’s top players are likely to keep their strategic focus on a strong sales channel and a diverse distribution network.
- Strategic partnerships and collaborations are expected to be significant development decisions for established brands in the onychomycosis treatment landscape.
- Acquisitions are also influencing the competitive landscape of the onychomycosis treatment market, with Novartis recently acquiring the UK-based Ziarco Group Limited, which is likely to influence the novel treatment development scenario in the dermatology space.
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights, Inc
200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark,
Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse All Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports