Worldwide lactose request is set to grow at almost 4% in 2021, as prospering spotlight on wellbeing and health set out significant open doors. While interest for powdered lactose will stay higher than granular lactose, the last option is set to develop at a higher rate. US will keep on being the biggest market, be that as it may, lactose producers can anticipate developing open doors in Latin America and Asia Pacific. These bits of knowledge are as per the most recent release of the review, directed by ESOMAR-confirmed research and counseling firm, Future Market Experiences (FMI).
Utilized as a filler or filler folio in the assembling of medications and containers, the drugs space has arisen as a rewarding application region for lactose-based items. Creating progressed fabricating processes and mechanical advancements in industry to deliver quality lactose that are reliably protected and successful has fuelled lactose creation around the world.
Get Comprehensive Report Sample@
In recent years, hundreds of supply shortage incidences have been reported and hence leading to the expansion of advanced technology production facilities will accelerate production capacity and narrow down the supply-demand gap. The ongoing expansion of production facilities with advanced technology accelerates the consumption of lactose and is expected to lead to market growth across the globe.
- Lactulose to emerge as the lucrative derivative type, accounting for nearly 30% sales
- United States will continue to account for significant market share among all countries
- Powdered form lactose will continue to outsell lactose in granule form
- Food industry will be the mainstay for lactose demand, but opportunities in animal feed are growing
- UK lactose to mimic broader consumer trends in Europe
- Lactose market players in Japan and South Korea target novel applications
“While food and beverage industry has accounted for bulk of the demand, market players are exploring applications in animal feed and personal care industry ” said a lead analyst at FMI
Emerging nations represent an exceptional opportunity for the lactose industry. Players are making significant investments to penetrate the untapped markets through affordable offerings. Key stakeholders in the lactose market have commenced significant revamps to their strategies in emergent countries and purpose is to increase access to their products.
In recent years, lactose market has witnessed product launches with the development of lactose by key manufacturers in order to increase their market share globally. Companies are coming up with various lactose based ingredient and derivatives for application in various segments.
Ask to Expert, About this Report@
- In 2015, Meggle one of key player of lactose, launched triple compound pharma grade lactose CombiLac®, specifically designed to ease oral solid dosage.
- In 2019, Kerry announced to launch Aero Flo brand for inhalation lactose grade. Brand named Aero Flo® for inhalation grades of lactose have been explicitly developed for usage in dry powder inhalers for pulmonary delivery of pharmaceuticals.
Who is Winning?
Some of the key players operating in the lactose market are, Armor Pharma, Avantor, Inc., Ba’emek Advanced Technologies Ltd (Tnuva Group), BASF SE, Davisco Foods International, Inc., DFE Pharma (JV of Royal FrieslandCampina & Fonterra Ltd.), Hilmar Ingredients, Hoogwegt Groep B.V., Kerry plc., Lactose (India) Limited, Merck KgaA, Milei Gmbh, Molkerei MEGGLE Wasserburg GmbH & Co. KG and other players.
Key players are focusing on partnership in order to gain larger market share and to capture new geographical areas to get access to new markets.
- In 2019 LBB Specialties announced that it has signed a strategic partnership deal with Meggle for the distribution of Meggle’s Pharmaceutical Lactose excipients, including lactose for inhalation formulations, in the United States.
- In 2019, MEGGLE Excipients & Technology signed an agreement with Quadra Chemicals Ltd., a leading chemical and ingredient distributor, to represent its lactose excipient portfolio for the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries in Canada.
Get Valuable Insights into Lactose Market
- Food and Beverage
- Functional Food
- Animal Feed
- Lactose Monohydrate
- Other (tagatose, lactobionic acid)