The dairy industry and the halloumi cheese market have felt the effect of the pandemic from every direction. The coronavirus has bestowed an element of ‘discomfort’ across the halloumi cheese market. With closing down of HoReCa chains, the average consumption of dairy products has decreased over the past month by more than 25%, which is proving to be a major setback for the dairy industry. The current scenario of ‘milk dumping’ in many nations has attracted significant attention and has also cut down raw milk transport for the production of halloumi cheese.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1753
Key Takeaways of Halloumi Cheese Market
- The overall market for halloumi cheese is consolidated and is majorly dominated by the European players, who are highly concentrated in Cyprus
- With Cyprus being the sole producer of halloumi cheese, its demand in European countries has given a logistical advantage to the players. The largest consumer base for the halloumi cheese is likely to remain in Europe, but the neighbouring regions will also be benefited in the coming years
- Organic halloumi cheese is poised to witness the highest growth in the Global market and is projected to reach a market value of over US$ 350 Mn during the forecast period
Global Halloumi Cheese Market: In-Depth Assessment on Key Segments
The global halloumi cheese market is segmented on the basis of nature, flavor, product form, end use and distribution channel and region.
|Nature||Flavor||Product Form||End Use||Distribution Channel||Region|
|Organic||Plain||Slices||B2B||Direct Sales||North America|
|Conventional||Flavored||Blocks||Food Service||Hypermarkets /Supermarkets||Latin America|
|Chili||B2C||Discount Stores||Asia Pacific|
Demand Side Shortages has resulted in Mushrooming of Artisanal Producers
The halloumi cheese market is moderately fragmented with the presence of large corporations and small to medium scaled artisanal producers spread all across Europe and the Middle East. As of 2019, top seven players include Petrou Bros Dairy, Zita Dairies Ltd, Hadjipieris Ltd, Galaktokomio A.D.S Dafni and others have accounted for over 55% of total share within the halloumi cheese market. The supply side issues are likely to be alleviated in the coming years due to multiple campaigns launched in the European Union. The increase in the sheep and goat population will be one of the major factors affecting the growth of the halloumi cheese market. Multiple non-Cypriot players have been entering the market in recent years. Waitrose, one of the new entrants in the halloumi cheese market, has seen an increase of 24% sales of cheese
Why choose Fact.MR?
- Digital intelligence solutions to help clients stay at the forefront.
- Published 6, 000+ reports and recognized by 150+ countries globally.
- A team of 300+ analysts to deliver real-time information across various industries and companies.
- Customized business reports to overcome unique market challenges
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583