Global Gas Insulated Switchgear Market, The development of artificial intelligence and other technologies has led to the introduction of global initiatives for the renovation of deteriorating energy grid infrastructure. Governments have also introduced advantageous programmes to increase the infrastructure for smart grids. The installation of cutting-edge electrical machinery and controls, such as gas-insulated switchgear substations, will be facilitated by the grid networks’ upgrading. To address the rising demand for electricity, both the public and private sectors are investing heavily in smart grid networks.
Due to increasing urbanization and rising population, power consumption has increased significantly. Concern over ongoing electricity shortages and breakdowns has grown throughout Africa’s developing nations. Increased investment in environmentally friendly electrical networks is a result of these reasons. Moreover, the implementation of beneficial regulatory changes related to electrification.a small, metal-covered cabinet that contains high-voltage parts such disconnectors, relays, switches, and circuit breakers. Sulfur hexafluoride, which helps with circuit breaking and vacuuming in the electrical system, is used to insulate it. By disengaging the system in the event of unfavourable conditions, it protects the distribution mechanism while facilitating energy transfer and the integration of power-producing units into the grid. GIS is more reliable, versatile, and environmentally friendly than the conventional air-insulated switchgear and requires less maintenance. They are typically erected on the expansions of industrial plants, offshore platforms, and roofs.
The primary reasons propelling the market’s expansion are the growing use of smart grids and smart metres, as well as the rising global need for energy. Additionally, GIS is quickly gaining popularity in the market due to a wide range of advantages, including safety, high dependability, minimal space requirements, low maintenance, and environmental compatibility. Additionally, the market expansion is being aided by a notable rise in power consumption in developing nations brought on by various electrification projects. GIS is being used by numerous countries involved in cross-border power transmission to build long transmission lines, distribution centres, and sub-stations.
Global Gas Insulated Switchgear Market: Major Players
Nissin Electric Co. Ltd.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
GE Digital Energy
Schneider Electric SE
Crompton Greaves Limited
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
Fuji Electric Co. Ltd.
Global Gas Insulated Switchgear Market: Types
High Voltage Gas Insulated Switchgear
Medium Voltage Gas Insulated Switchgear
Global Gas Insulated Switchgear Market: Applications
Transmission & Distribution
Manufacturing & Processing
Infrastructure & Transportation
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global gas insulated switchgear market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global gas insulated switchgear market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the installation?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the voltage?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-use sector?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the global gas insulated switchgear and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?