According to a research survey conducted by ChemView Consulting, in 2022, the Global Flexible Paper Packaging Market was worth US$ 49.6 Bn and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period. The market is expected to hit US$ 68.9 Bn by 2030 end.
Flexible paper packaging is lighter in weight, more cost-effective, and requires less material than other types of packaging; hence the market will increase significantly in the future. Flexible packaging benefits include food and beverage, personal care, home care, and healthcare businesses. Its high efficiency and cost-effectiveness are the factors that will drive demand during the forecast period.
ChemView Consulting has analysed that Paper is significantly more biodegradable than plastic and is readily recycled. However, it frequently winds up in landfills, where its rate of deterioration slows, and it takes up more space than the equivalent weight of plastic.
The lightweight packaging solutions are used for packaging food items such as dairy products, food grains, fruits and vegetables, bakery and confectionaries, and other ready-to-eat products, flexible packaging paper solutions are in high demand due to rising disposable income, changing lifestyles, and increasing demand for convenience food items. The rising popularity of these food products in developing and underdeveloped countries drives the market growth.
Segments Covered in Report
- Coated Unbleached Kraft Paperboard
- Solid Bleached Sulfate
- Coated Recycled Paper
- Waxed Paper
By Packaging Type:
- Bags & Sacks
By Distribution Channel:
- Food & Beverages
- Personal care & cosmetics
- Consumer goods
- Electrical & Electronics
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Key Takeaways from the Flexible Paper Packaging Market
- Based on packaging type, Pouches are expected to dominate the market for flexible paper packaging in terms of value by 2030. Because pouches are becoming more popular, they must be multifunctional, lightweight, and easy to travel. Pouches are in high demand in the food packaging and e-commerce businesses.
- Based on end-use, the food & beverage category is expected to be the largest end-use segment in the flexible paper packaging market. The rising need for flexible paper packaging, as well as changing lifestyles and hectic schedules of the working population, are driving the expansion of this category. Flexible paper packaging also decreases leakage and increases product shelf life. Because of their simplicity and mobility, food goods are the most frequent users of flexible plastic packaging. Food and beverage packaging’s key functions are to reduce food waste and extend the shelf life of food goods.
- Based on region, the Asia Pacific region held the greatest market share in 2021. Flexible paper packaging demand in Asia is mostly driven by China, and India, which are seeing significant expansion in their building sectors. These industries are rising due to increased governmental and private sector investments, a burgeoning population, a growing economy, and high disposable income.
Key companies covered in the market study are Sappi Limited, Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Mondi Group Plc, International Paper Company, DS Smith Packaging Limited, WestRock Company, Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd, Oji Holdings Corporation, Stora Enso Oyj, Georgia-Pacific LLC, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Packaging Corporation of America, Pratt Industries, Inc and KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp.
Report Key Highlights and Coverage
- Our comprehensive, data-backed, and facts-oriented report provides niche and cross-sectional analysis at global and country levels.
- Assessment of the historical (actual data) and current market size (2017-2021), market projections (2022-2030), and CAGR.
- The market assessment across North America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa.
- Competitive tactical intelligence, key strategies adopted by top players, production capacity and company shares analysis, product brand surveys, and export-import analysis
- Pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future offerings across each product type helps you understand whether your pricing strategy is aligned with market expectations and can be compared to market disruptions.
- Predictions on critical supply and demand trends and technological expertise needed to address operations scalability.
- Consumer behavior shifts and their implications for players, list of end-users, and their consumption analysis.
- Key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and emerging trends impacting the market growth.
- Value chain analysis (list of manufacturers, distributors, end-users, and average profitability margins).
- Strategic market analysis, recommendations, and future headways on crucial winning strategies.