Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Market Overview
According to a research survey conducted by ChemView Consulting, the current valuation of the Global Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Market is worth US$ 16,422.3 Mn in 2022. The market value of stainless steel is expected to reach US$ 27,524.4 Mn by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period.
Transesterifying lipids with methanol produces FAME (fatty acid methyl ester), a type of fatty acid. FAME is the main component of biodiesel and is produced by transesterifying vegetable oils. FAME, used in the production of biodiesel and detergents, is produced by an alkali-catalyzed reaction between methanol and lipids when base chemicals like sodium methoxide, potassium hydroxide, or sodium hydroxide are present.
ChemView Consulting has analyzed that one of the key elements anticipated to propel the expansion of the worldwide fatty acid ester business is the low toxicity of fatty acid esters and the shift in end customers’ preferences toward biodiesel over conventional diesel. Because fatty acids are inexpensive and biodegradable, the gradual transition of the automotive industry to green mobility is anticipated to accelerate this expansion.
Fatty acid methyl ester is the most favored substitute for traditional mineral-based products in lubricants and coatings. Its exceptional qualities include high lubricity, great inorganic solvent solubility, high boiling temperatures, non-toxicity, and biodegradability.
Segments Covered in Report
- Rapeseed methyl ester
- Soy methyl ester
- Palm oil methyl ester
- Metal Working Fluids
- Food & Agriculture
- Animal Fats
- Vegetable Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Palm Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Coconut Oil
By Region and Country:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East)
- Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Rest of Africa)
Key Takeaways from the Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Market
- Based on the type, the rapeseed methyl ester segment dominated the market for fatty acid methyl ester. Rapeseed is increasingly employed as the main raw material for the production of oil methyl ester because it has a higher oil content (30–37%) than other types of raw materials.
- Based on the application, fatty acid methyl ester is the most favored substitute for traditional mineral-based products in lubricants and coatings.
- With a market share of 56.7%, the Asia-Pacific fatty acid methyl ester market is anticipated to experience rapid growth throughout the forecast period due to growing environmental awareness regarding the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and rising government support through the provision of tax breaks and rebates to promote the use of biodiesel in the region. Despite being in its infancy, the market in the area has enormous growth potential, particularly in China, Japan, India, and South Korea.
Key companies covered in the market study are Acme Synthetic Chemicals, ADM (Archer Daniels Midland Company), Berg + Schmidt GmbH & Co. KG, Cargill, Incorporated, Chemrez Technologies, Inc., CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG, Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc.
Report Key Highlights and Coverage
- Our comprehensive, data-backed, and facts-oriented report provides niche and cross-sectional analysis at global and country levels.
- Assessment of the historical (actual data) and current market size (2017-2021), market projections (2022-2032), and CAGR.
- The market assessment across North America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa.
- Competitive tactical intelligence, key strategies adopted by top players, production capacity and company shares analysis, product brand surveys, and export-import analysis
- Pricing analysis to set and benchmark your current or future offerings across each product type helps you understand whether your pricing strategy is aligned with market expectations and can be compared to market disruptions.
- Predictions on critical supply and demand trends and technological expertise needed to address operations scalability.
- Consumer behavior shifts and their implications for players, list of end-users, and their consumption analysis.
- Key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and emerging trends impacting the market growth.
- Value chain analysis (list of manufacturers, distributors, end-users, and average profitability margins).
- Strategic market analysis, recommendations, and future headways on crucial winning strategies.