Seeing is believing is a popular adage that we are all familiar with. Our digital world revolves mostly around images from videos, infographics to pictures, all of these capture people attention more efficiently than text could. Visual content is crucial to the success of your social media campaigns and content marketing. Pictures contribute to higher traffic, more clicks, and greater conversion rate. You will have noticed that visual content receive more likes, shares, and engagement than a normal text post.
Let’s have a look at some facts and statistics about visuals
- Visual information sticks to memory 6X more than what we hear or read.
- The brain requires just 1/10 of a second to process and understand an image, on the other hand, reading a 200-250 words article can take an average of 60 seconds.
- Content that has relevant pictures acquire 94% more views than content that lack such.
- A website CTR (Click-through-rate) is around 47% greater in websites containing visuals.
- Tweets that have relevant visuals gets 18% extra clicks as well as 150% more retweets than those without visuals.
- Infographics are reported to grow 12% more traffic, as well as, 200% more shares than content that lack one.
- The same can be said about Facebook posts as content with the right images receives more than 3.2X interaction than a post without one.
- Also, LinkedIn post that contains visuals creates an increased comment rate of 98%.
- Videos, on the other hand, create an increased conversion of 80%.
- Going by the Cisco Visual Networking Index, about 78% of every data traffic globally will have videos in them in 2021.
The Secrets to Effective Visual Content Marketing
As said earlier, Visuals are increasingly becoming vital for effective social media strategy and content marketing. Therefore, it is advisable to always consider the use of captivating pictures, an outstanding infographics, a how-to video tutorial or a meme in your contents.
- Select Visuals that are simple and easier to understand
Overcomplicating things when adding visuals to your content can drive you to excesses when choosing images for your content, while stock photos might just suit some context, more often than not they look detached and artificial. Be sure to choose expressive photos that communicate the context of your content to the readers in a simplified way. Visuals depending on the context in which they are used can bring your story to life.
2. Combine Various Image Format and Types
Think of ways in which you can visually express your content, for instance
- Illustrate facts, procedure, and processes and converts statistics into graphs.
- Put in screenshots to your tutorials to indicate how it is done.
- Take pictures of the products mentioned in your posts.
- Create an infographic with the summary of the most important facts and figures.
- Spice your post with a visual
3 Take note of copyright
Every image is copyrighted with the exception of free stock images, always check an image for copyright as using a copyrighted image is without proper license or approval can result in serious penalties and unwanted legal trouble which can be really expensive.
Any image derived from another source is likely to have a copyright and you will need prior permission to be able to use it.
4 SEO optimization of your videos and pictures
Image search is on the rise in recent years, around 27% of search queries been visuals search. In recent time, search engine bots have been upgraded to get a better comprehension of the constituents of visuals, providing more accurate outcomes.
SEO optimization of your visuals with relevant keywords and accurate descriptions gives your visuals a better chance for higher placement in search engines such as Bing or Google. Image search queries can constitute about 10% of the overall traffic. The visuals description should carry your focus keywords and relate to the image content.
A vital trait for image indexing is known as ALT tag which is in the source code. Be certain to always incorporate the ALT trait in your image description as well as your keywords.
5 Add links to social media channels to your visuals
Apart from the usual social sharing links on your site or in your contents, you should include social media buttons to make it easier for readers to share on to their social media handle. Particularly, for your graphics, pictures, and infographics.
The additions of this option make it easier for site visitors to share your visual contents on to their favored social media networks.
6 Get your visuals across all your social media networks
Promoting your visual content on your social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. can help grow the visibility of your visuals. Creating several visuals provide you with more options for your content and how you want to send the message across. It is important, however, to familiarize yourself with the right image size each social media platform to avoid distorted visuals.
7 Post your content on social media using both image post and link post format
When you share your content on social media networks using the link to the post, only your designated content picture will be seen on the post, this is called link posting. However, if your content has several videos or pictures, then it advisable to use all the image to reshare your post over time, this is known as image posting. Combine both image posts and link posts to create different post variants for your social media which can extend the lifeline of your post.
It is good to have a cross-platform promotion plan on social media for your visual content:
- Share visual content with your designated image across platforms such as Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Should have a business page as well on LinkedIn, Google+, and Facebook, share your content across also, however, it should be at a different point of time.
- Tailor your message to suit the particular Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn groups you intend to share your posts, also share them at a different point in time.
- As twitter feed seem to get crowded out fast, share your content multiple times.
- Put your post images on image sharing networks such as Instagram, Flickr, and Pinterest using key image along with your introduction, hashtags together with a link to your post. If your post contains several images, use it all but share at a different point in time.
- Additionally, you can put your visuals on LinkedIn, GPlus, Facebook, as well as Twitter as image posts to re-share your content using various image anchors with comments.
- Put up your post along with your key image or your infographics on social communities like Medium, Quora, Reddit, etc.
Create a schedule for your post and know the best time to post on each social media channel and over a period of time to increase the lifeline of your content.
Images are crucial to the success of your content marketing. They are captivating which results in higher click rates, as well as post engagement. SEO optimization of your visual contents gets you higher placement in the search engine bringing in more organic and visual search results. Using a cross-promotion strategy for your visuals in different formats and sizes can result in extended lifeline and outreach bringing in higher traffic to your website or blog. Social media scheduler apps can be helpful in getting your visuals across multiple social media channels.